|Kate’s Amaranth WafflesWaffle or pancake recipe that can be adjusted for nearly all types.
- 1 cup amaranth* flour
- 1 cup brown rice flour
- 1 Tbsp flaxseed meal
- 1 Tbsp baking powder (homemade: 1 part baking soda, 2 parts cream of tartar, 2 parts arrowroot)
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 cup ghee
- 2 eggs
- 1+ cups milk (can substitute soy milk, rice or almond milk, water)
How to make it:
- Combine the dry ingredients in a medium bowl.
- Combine the wet ingredients separately in a small bowl.
- Add the wet mixture to the dry and mix until smooth.
- It is best to let the mix sit overnight before use, but not necessary.
- Brush oil or ghee onto the griddle plates and preheat.
- Use a ladle to pour about + cup of mix onto each side of the griddle (each waffle).
- Close waffler and let cook for about 8-9 minutes, or until the waffles stop steaming.
- Note: This recipe can also be used to make pancakes.
Note: *Amaranth is an ‘avoid’ for BT ‘B’ Secretor. Substitute Spelt.