No-Bake Hemp Protein Bars
- 1 cup Raw Almonds (not roasted) Other nuts optional, according to Blood Type
- 2 cups lightly packed soft pitted dates
- 1 Tbsp cinnamon (the real stuff!)
- 1/2 cup Natural Hemp Protein Powder (now on our shop.truehealthcanada.ca site)
- 1/2 cup nut or seed butter (almond butter, tahini, etc.)
- 2 Tbsp Maple syrup
- 1/8 tsp Sacred Sea Salt (on our shop.truehealthcanada.ca site)
- Please the almonds in a processor and mix until broken down into grainy consistency.
- Next, add the rest of the ingredients and blend into a thick, sticky dough you can squeeze together between your fingers. If the dough seems too crumbly, add 1-2 Tbsp warm water and process again.
- Next, line an 8 inch square baking dish (I prefer glass or Pyrex) with parchment paper, letting it stick out over 2 sides.
- Transfer the dough to the pan and press firmly and evenly. Dampen your fingers with water, if needed.
- You can lift the bars out of the pan right away and slice into bars or transfer to the freezer for 30-60 minutes before slicing.
- Makes 16 bars.
- Store in the fridge in an air-tight container for up to 1 week or in the freezer for up to 3 months.